9.26.2011

Home Tour: Keri Russell


This beautiful looking Brooklyn home is the residence of actress Keri Russell, her husband Shane Deary and their son River.  Recently completed and featured in Elle Decor, these interiors are completely stunning.  I love the simplicity and the consideration for the existing architectural details of the original brownstone.  The molding, antique fireplace, as well as some exposed brick add to the character of their home, but the lighting, modern furniture and soft color palette give the brownstone an updated feel.  It is also very impressive that her husband did a lot of the renovation himself bringing in reclaimed wood for the kitchen and knocking down walls to create more space and bring in more light.

I highly recommend reading the short article published in Elle Decor as Keri describes the renovation process and her design choices when picking the color palette and furnishings.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I did not see anything I didn't like! I have always liked her and she has an absolutely wonderful style! And how lucky to have a carpenter/contractor as a husband! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel Suyen. The interiors are really comfortable and warm, but very stylish too. If only they had shots of the exterior. I would have loved to have seen what they had done out there as well. Either way, I would move into that space tomorrow. :) Thank you for the comment!

    ReplyDelete