9.16.2011

Keep Calm Gallery

Yey! It's Friday!  This week has felt so long for some reason.  It seems like it has been filled with things that appear to be quick and easy, but then take twice (or three times) as long as you thought.  I've definitely repeated the mantra "keep calm" a lot this week followed by deep breathing.  It reminded me that I wanted to share the Keep Calm Gallery with you.  As you may have seen in house tours on blogs like Apartment Therapy or Design Sponge, the "Keep Calm, Carry On" poster is a pretty popular choice when it comes to artwork.  It was originally created in England to keep up moral during WWII, but has since turned into a design trend showcased in posters and other merchandise.  To be completely honest I think the poster is just ok...I mean, I liked it at first, but it was like hearing a song on the radio too often...I got sick of seeing it everywhere.  The Keep Calm Gallery however, has all of these other really fun posters, tea towels and cards.  You should definitely take a look if you like graphic and illustrative artwork.  Happy weekend everyone!


images: Keep Calm Gallery

1 comment: